Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Soul Clings to the Dust

One of the appointed Psalms for today is a portion of Psalm 138. The Psalmist writes:

My soul clings to the dust;
revive me according to your word.
When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes.
Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word. (Ps. 128: 25-28).


In the midst of a draught, we certainly understand the phrase “my soul clings to the dust.” But God revives the soul. For the past 2 days we’ve had afternoon rains in New Mexico. Even as I write this, there is a light rain in El Paso. The entire Southwest and Texas have been suffering, and our souls clinging to dust, but slowly revival will come.

Let us pray: O God, heavenly Father, who by your Son Jesus Christ has promised to all those who seek your kingdom and its righteousness all things necessary to sustain their life: Send us, we entreat you, in this time of need, such moderate rain and showers, that we may receive the fruits of the earth, to our comfort and to your honor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Please remember everyone on our prayer list.

Your servant in Christ,

Fr. Chester J. Makowski+
St. Augustine of Hippo Episcopal Church
Galveston, Texas 77550

No comments:

Post a Comment