Monday, July 6, 2015

"I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep; for only you, Lord, make me dwell in safety."

Image result for psalm 4
One of the Psalms appointed for today’s Daily Prayer is Psalm 4 where we pray with the Psalmist:
 
Answer me when I call, O God, defender of my cause; *
         you set me free when I am hard-pressed; have mercy on me and hear my    prayer.
"You mortals, how long will you dishonor my glory; *
         how long will you worship dumb idols and run after false gods?"
Know that the Lord does wonders for the faithful; *
         when I call upon the Lord, he will hear me.
Tremble, then, and do not sin; *
         speak to your heart in silence upon your bed.
Offer the appointed sacrifices *
         and put your trust in the Lord.
Many are saying, "Oh, that we might see better times!" *
         Lift up the light of your countenance upon us, O Lord.
You have put gladness in my heart, *
         more than when grain and wine and oil increase.
I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep; *
         for only you, Lord, make me dwell in safety.
 
No matter the circumstances in the world, or in our communities, or in our lives may be, in God we dwell in safety and sleep peacefully at night.  God is our refuge and shelter in all situations.  In the end, God is ever faithful to us.
 
CALENDAR REMINDERS
 
Seaside Seniors the third Thursday of each month. This month it will be on 16 July starting at 11 AM.
 
Summer Art Program for the Kids starts 20 July and runs through the week ending on Friday, 24 July.
 
Please remember everyone on our Prayer List, especially Marilyn, Annette, those who are alone, and all those who are travelling.
 
Your servant in Christ,
 
Fr. Chester J. Makowski+
St. Augustine of Hippo Episcopal Church
Galveston, Texas 77550

No comments:

Post a Comment