Monday, July 13, 2015

" I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart."

One of the Psalms appointed for today is Psalm 9, and the first 2 verses of the Psalmist’s prayer are:
 
         I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart; *
                  I will tell of all your marvelous works.
         I will be glad and rejoice in you; *
                  I will sing to your Name, O Most High. (Ps. 9:1-2)
 
Today is a day of miracles; our granddaughter, Emery Kate, was born.  The miracle of birth is an awesome thing.  A life that has been in the womb for 9 months has entered the world, a world of God’s making, a world filled with life and grace.  Emery Kate is a blessing and a joy.  And so with the Psalmist I can sing, “I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing to your Name, O Most High.”

CALENDAR REMINDERS
 
Seaside Seniors this Thursday at 11:00 AM in Sutton Hall.
 
CHILDREN'S SUMMER ART CAMP: “SPORTS AND THE ART OF DESIGN” starting Monday, 20 July through Friday, 24 July 2015, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. In the Art Room, lunch provided. Learn to design your own Board Game, Team Logo, and Game Rules! All children through high school welcome!
 
Please remember everyone on our Prayer List, especially, Pat, Annette, Shalea, Marilyn, new parents and their newly born babies, and those who have no one to pray for them.
 
Your servant in Christ,
 
Fr. Chester J. Makowski+
St. Augustine of Hippo Episcopal Church
Galveston, Texas 77550

No comments:

Post a Comment